Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shreya Ghoshal Concert


I guess it was pretty obvious what my next post will be about!
Football got the first mention...Now, Shreya Ghoshal it is love struck
And what an occation to write about it!
I got to witness a live concert by Shreya Ghoshal on 20th! cool

She performed for the grand finale of the Bengaluru habba 2009.
Infact, I should have had this opportunity last year itself, but the habba got called off due to the Mumbai terror attack angry

And recently when Shreya performed at Mysore for Yuva dasara, I had to miss that out as well because of my cousin's wedding on the same day in bangalore!
If at all there is a bucketlist of my own, this would probably be the second entry in it.
I'm sure its not difficult to guess the first entry! right?
Yes, Of course its the visit to my dream destination! The Theatre Of Dreams- Old Trafford, Manchester.

Surprisingly, I did not know that there is going to be such an event! I usually keep upto date with all her performances. Be it new song releases[In all languages], or any interviews or performances[on youtube of course].
I had travelled to a temple near tumkur with family, and out of the blue, I get an sms from my friend Gururaj informing about the event. My first reaction was mixed with elation as well as Doubt. I couldn't believe I had missed this.
What better than google to confirm it! I immediately google for the info on my phone, and realise that its really happening. Thanks a ton Guru for the info!thumbs up
I immediately called up the organisers to enquire about the entry passes, but got to know that the passes are no more available and I have to go for the general free entry.
I got delayed reaching bangalore because of the incredibly slow bus, and reached the venue an hour late to the scheduled start! But luckily, the performance preceeding Shreya's event, had got delayed and was still going on.
Somewhere in my mind, I was kind of sure about this delay, but still there was this desperation till i got there!
We got into the general tier and occupied the seats in the third row, right in front of the projector screen. And there starts the desperate wait for her arrival day dreaming

around 8, the performance by the rajastani sufi group ended[Finally tongue].
And after some irritating speeches by the organizers, Shreya made a rocking entry in a beatiful pink outfit! Man, she was looking stunning in that angel 





Unfortunately I couldn't carry my camera since i went to the venue directly after reaching bangalore sad
I'd guessed she would start off either with barso re or yeh ishq hai, cos in most of the concerts i've seen videos of, these two were the opening songs most of the times. But she started off with the awesome song from her debut movie- Silsila yeh chahat kaa!dancing

The list of songs she sang included Teri Ore, yeh ishq hai, cheeni kum, Pal Pal among the hindi songs, and araLutiru, hoovina baaNadante, ullasada hoomaLe among the kannada ones.
The best thing in the concert was the amount of songs she effortlessly sang and the quality of her live singing! It was so close to listening the recorded songs! party
Our section seemed a bit sober, most of them were listening attentively to the songs, but there were a few groups ahead nearer to the stage screaming and singing the songs throughout.
later the crowd started reducing, and the entry points to the VIP and the VVIP tiers which were closer to the stage were no more monitored! There came the chance i was waiting for! drooling

I could go right to the front of the stage and watch her perform the last song [OSO Title Song] dancing
Just loved those moments!
And as if the rain gods were also fully enjoying the concert, it started raining right after she finished and left the stage!

Enjoyed each minute of the 2 hours of the performance!

Now, its back to listening to her songs again.. well...awesome memories though....

Btw, I'm off on a biking trip to south india for the whole of next week! Will post about it after i'm back! keep checking my facebook status for updates wave

9 comments:

Chetan said...

Good that you could make it for the concert this time. Not surprising to know that she kicked off the concert with "Silsila Yeh Chahat Ka" from Devdas.... Thats the song which catapulted her to fame right from her first movie. Yeh Ishq Hai, Teri Ore... surely had to follow.
Good to know the she effortlessly sang her Kannada hits. Awesome!!

I missed it :( is all i can say

noname said...

GUD LORD !!!!!!!!!
:-o :-o :-o.....
You are sooo in LOVE BAYBAY

ಗುರುರಾಜ said...

Awesome writing.. We can feel ur happiness in your words.

VijayGadwal said...

@chetan: don worry, u'll get ur chance as well soon :)

@sanjana: naah :P

@Guru: Thanks again for the info :)

Suhas said...

Good writing Vijay...your excitement - well expressed.

Where was the concert held? I mean the venue? The crowd must have been really huge?

Cheers

Suhas

VijayGadwal said...

@Suhas:
Thanks :)
The concert was at Palace grounds...The crowd was not really Huge! I mean i'd expected more.

Nishant said...

Thats gr8 Vijay !
I have met her in person but never seen her performing live :(

Anywayz,do visit my blog whenever u are free: http://ourqueen-shreyaghoshal.blogspot.com/

Nishant
Devotee of Shreya Ghoshal

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VijayGadwal said...

@Nishant:
Very nice hearing that you got to meet her! :)
Your blog looks awesome :) will read thru in detail when free[read Today!]
Hope you help me in meeting her as well,as u did for Kiran ;)