Sunday, October 18, 2009

Perfect Diwali weekend


What a perfect weekend it was!
Manchester United won against Bolton, Chelsea had already lost before we played, and Liverpool lost as well later. This resulted in united moving to where they belong – The top of the table!thumbs up
Moreover, RCB also played really well to thrash the Delhi Daredevils, although we were out of the tournament already! sad
F1 results were not bad either. Force India’s Sutil has qualified in 3rd position. Hope he has a good race today.


The only spoilsport over the weekend has been the cable operator here! Star Sports, which would telecast Manchester United’s match, was cut off. When called to request him to provide it, the cable operator just wouldn't oblige. Instead he arrogantly says “This is what we give. If you are not satisfied, you can disconnect anytime and chose any of the DTH services available”.angry I just didn't have an answer to it, other than the thought of following his advice! So had to watch the match at my friend’s place, which was not bad either, since he is also a Manchester United fan!
Now I’m seriously thinking of switching to DTH. I wouldn't have to worry whether I’ll be able to watch the matches when I come to Mysore, or call up the cable operator and beg him for the channels!
Tata sky looks the more likely, as I am already disgusted with the customer service that reliance big tv provides, rather the lack of it! (Have Big tv at my place in Bangalore).
I’m waiting for the day when I get to call up the cable operator and ask him to disconnect the cable! Thinking of ways I can irritate him and then ask him to disconnect smug
Off to play football now…
Wish everyone a safe and happy diwali.

3 comments:

ಗುರುರಾಜ said...

Hey I am first to comment.. yeppieeee...
Nice way to start... keep updating.. Your writing is good.. enjoyed a lot..
Happy Deepavali.
Suggestion: Add widgets to your blog to track visitors, chatbox, etc etc which you think are relevant. It adds beauty to your blog too..

VijayGadwal said...

Thanks guru.
I am indeed adding some widgets one by one..thanks for the suggestion though :)
keep visiting!

Chetan said...

Great Start!! Nice one :)

I suggest you to add trackers. I am particularly irritated by chatboxes in blogs and "other" sites ;-)

Even I am fed up of with BIG TV at home and have switched to TATA Sky for the 2nd tv also ;-) Now dont you say :-o for that. Got Tata sky plus for main tv and made the old one as a 2nd connection with same package for 125 bucks p.m
I feel u can go for Tata sky despite it being a bit high on the price. Service is awesome :-)